Saturday, June 15, 2019
10:00 am–3:00 pm
Don your fanciest fairy wings or your most playful pirate hat and head to Enchanted Woods to celebrate the beginning of summer with plenty of activities indoors and outdoors! Buy tickets online or call 800.448.3883. Members free. Included with admission.
Your day will be magical from start to finish as you:
Frolic in Enchanted Woods
- Musicians Slyte of Hand perform throughout the day. Be sure to check out their unusual instruments!
- Storyteller Terry Colonna weaves tales that will enchant kids of all ages, 10:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Meet Magic Tad and find out what tricks he has up his sleeve, 11:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Give & Take Jugglers toss up some fun, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Craft a coronet from natural materials for your crowning achievement!
- Try your hand at chasing a hoop, the ring toss, giant egg races, or the Game of Graces.
- Need some emergency fairy wings? Our satellite store has you covered!
Get your Face Painted on Icewell Terrace. Our talented artists adorn your smiling face. $5 per person. Last voucher sold at 2:45.
Make and Munch at the Museum
- Ice Cream from Woodside Farm Creamery and additional light fare available for purchase.
- Conjure up a sash and scepter fit for woodland royalty.
- Explore fancy costumes (for both men and women) in Costuming THE CROWN.
- Exercise your imagination as you host a tea party or cook a colonial supper in the Touch it Room.
- Imagine yourself as a kid in the 1930s as you explore the du Pont family’s home during the Time Travelers’ Tour. Recommended for kids ages 4-11, the tour lasts 30̄̄–45 minutes and includes a take-home activity book. Offered throughout the day. Stop at the desk to book your time. Included with admission.
Shop in the Galleries Reception Atrium for unique and imaginative gifts, including beautiful pottery by The Fairy Potter.
Your attendance at this event allows Winterthur to use your photograph for promotional purposes without compensation. These programs are made possible, in part, by the F.M. Kirby Foundation; Bank of America Foundation; The Max & Victoria Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.; and the Dow Chemical Company Foundation; a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. The Division promotes Delaware arts events on www.DelawareScene.com.
Photo at top: W. Gary Smith
*Please note that Enchanted Summer Day is reserved for Winterthur Members, guest pass holders, or paying guests. AHS, ROAM, and NARM reciprocity is not available for this program. Thank you for your understanding!