Saturday, June 16, 2018
10:00 am–3:00 pm
Celebrate the beginning of summer in our award-winning children’s garden! A full day of excitement, imaginative play, and outdoor fun awaits you in Enchanted Woods. Storytellers, musicians, face painting, games, crafts, and more will provide the perfect kick off to summer. Buy tickets online or call 800.448.3883. Members free. Included with admission.
Frolic in Enchanted Woods
- Musicians Slyte of Hand perform throughout the day. Be sure to check out their unusual instruments!
- Storyteller Terry Colonna weaves tales that will enchant kids of all ages, 10:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Meet Magic Tad and find out what tricks he has up his sleeve, 11:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Make a Woodland Wand for casting special spells.
- Try your hand at chasing a hoop, the ring toss, giant egg races, or the Game of Graces.
- Our talented artists will paint your smiling face. $5 per child. Last voucher sold at 2:45 pm.
Need some emergency fairy wings? Our satellite store has you covered!
Cool off with with some ice cream. Purchase ice cream from the Woodside Farm Creamery cart.
Grab a Bite on Icewell Terrace
- Burgers, hot dogs, snacks, and beverages for both kids and adults available for purchase. Some seating available.
Unleash your Creativity in the Museum
- Conjure up a few crazy critters from an array of interesting materials.
- Imagine yourself as a kid in the 1930s as you explore the du Pont family’s home during the Time Travelers’ Tour. Recommended for kids ages 4-11, the tour lasts 30̄̄–45 minutes and includes a take-home activity book. Offered throughout the day. Stop at the desk to book your time. Included with admission.
- Pick up a scavenger hunt and search for colorful creatures in the exhibition Dining by Design. Bring your completed hunt to the Membership table for a prize.
- Enter a drawing to win a free year-long family membership or renewal!
- Exercise your imagination as you host a tea party or cook a colonial supper in the Touch-it Room.
Enchanted Summer Day Photo Contest
Capture your favorite moments from the day and enter your photos into the Enchanted Summer Day photo contest. The winner will receive a Family Membership (or renewal) to Winterthur—good for a whole year! All submissions will also be considered for use in future Winterthur marketing and advertisements.
Rules and Regulations
1. Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 8, 2018. The e-mail subject line should be: ESD Photo Contest 2018.
2. Entries must include the following information:
- phone number
3. Image Specifications:
- Images must be .jpg format and a minimum
of 1 and 2 megabytes in size.
- Image file names must include the
photographer’s first and last name and must
be numbered if photographer is submitting
more than one image. Follow this example:
- No special effects or filters applied to the
Some restrictions apply:
- Up to 5 entries per person
- Winterthur staff are not eligible to participate. Use of your content: Sending your content to us implies that you take full responsibility that your submission is completely original and grants permission for Winterthur to edit, publish, and reuse your content, giving
Your attendance at this event allows Winterthur to use your photograph for promotional purposes without compensation. These programs are made possible, in part, by the F.M. Kirby Foundation; Bank of America Foundation; The Max & Victoria Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.; and the Dow Chemical Company Foundation; a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. The Division promotes Delaware arts events on www.DelawareScene.com.
Photo at top: W. Gary Smith
*Please note that Enchanted Summer Day is reserved for Winterthur Members or paying guests. AHS, ROAM, and NARM reciprocity is not available for this program. Thank you for your understanding!