Be Our Guest!
Explore this place of beauty, history, and learning! Winterthur offers special rates for groups of 15 or more people. We are happy to work with you to customize your visit. To book your tour, please call 800.448.3883 or email email@example.com
Admission includes: a self-guided tour of elegantly furnished rooms in which Henry Francis du Pont entertained his family and friends in grand style; a narrated tram tour* through the 60-acre garden and its succession of show-stopping blooms; the Campbell Collection of Soup Tureens; and exhibitions. Please plan to spend about three hours.
Winterthur has on-site dining in the Visitor Center Cafeteria. Boxed lunches are available by pre-order (see below) or your group may go through the line.
Guided Garden Walks
Discover horticultural secrets on guided garden walks. $50 per group, optional add-on.
$17.50 per box
- Roasted turkey with applewood smoked bacon, tomato, and lettuce with garlic aioli on a brioche
- Grilled chicken with romaine lettuce, pecorino cheese, and Caesar dressing in a tortilla wrap
- Roast beef with caramelized onions and arugula with blue cheese aioli on a ciabatta
- Honey-baked ham with tomato, lettuce, Swiss cheese, and honey Dijon mustard on a brioche
- Balsamic-roasted squash with tomato confit, red onion, feta cheese, sundried-tomato pesto, and spinach on a ciabatta
- Grilled portobello mushroom with roasted bell pepper, Boursin cheese, arugula, and balsamic vinaigrette in a tortilla wrap
- Smashed-chickpea and avocado with feta cheese, tomato, red onion, watercress, and green goddess dressing on seven-grain bread
- Mixed-greens salad with citrus segments, shaved fennel, and toasted pine nuts with a citrus vinaigrette
- Spinach salad with strawberries, red onion, and candied pecans with strawberry balsamic dressing
$19.00 per box
- Genoa salami with spicy soppressata, tomato confit, marinated artichokes, mozzarella, arugula, and lemon-basil pesto on a ciabatta
- Cilantro-lime shrimp with romaine lettuce, avocado, and chipotle slaw on a tortilla wrap
- Grilled marinated steak with sautéed peppers and onions, provolone cheese, and herbed mayo on a ciabatta
All boxed lunches include a bag of chips, fresh fruit, house-baked cookie, a bottle of water, and eco-friendly cutlery.
Sandwich selections and counts are due 5 business days prior to your visit. Please ask your catering representative about private seating, delivery, or customized options.
A minimum of 15 visitors are required per group to receive the General Admission group rate of $19 ($24 during Yuletide at Winterthur). Receive two complimentary tickets for 15 paid admissions.
No deposit is required. Payment in full is due one week prior to tour date. Group Tours are available by advance reservation only. We recommend booking your group tour at least four to six weeks prior to your desired tour date.
To reserve your group tour, please fill out this form or contact:
Winterthur Information and Tours Office
5105 Kennett Pike
Winterthur, Delaware 19735
*March through December, weather permitting. Trams are shared with the general public and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
On September 1, 2023 the General Admission group rate will increase to $22 and $26 during Yuletide.