March 4, 11, 18 & 23
Get inspired to create or elevate your very own house of style. Dispel the winter doldrums as you dive into the latest design trends and learn how to use them in your living spaces. Sought-after design professionals will share their expertise in ﬂoral design, table décor, home fashion, and entertaining. Events include talks, workshops, demonstrations, special house tours, and more.
March 4 | Florals
Margot Shaw, founder and editor in chief of Flower magazine, shares imagery and stories from her stunning book Living Floral. Enjoy a glimpse into the world of today’s top designers that highlights ﬂoral styling in entertaining and decorating.
- Margot Shaw, Living Floral talk and book signing, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Floral Demonstration by Winterthur’s Floral Designers, 1:00–2:00 pm
- Beautiful Botanicals Workshop, 2:00–4:00 pm Sold out.
March 11 | Textiles
Chief operating officer and designer for New Moon Rugs, Erika Kurtz is a champion of the traditional
methods of handweaving rugs. Her talk will explore the history and process of creating the works of art that grace our ﬂoors and enliven our spaces.
- Erika Kurtz, Art Underfoot talk, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Fashioning Yuletide, 10:30 am–2:30 pm
- Bring Your Home-Design Dilemmas Session with Sandy Brown, 12:00–2:00 pm
- Erika Kurtz, A Path Forward: The Ancient Art of Handmade Rug Weaving for a Modern World, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
March 18 | Entertaining
- Mottahedeh Presents: Four Table Settings to Inspire Your Next Dinner Party, 10:00 am–1:00 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
- Introduction to Calligraphy Workshop with Maiden September, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Behind-the-Scenes Open House of Winterthur’s Ceramic & Glass Study, 12:30–2:00 pm
- Riedel Sensory Workshop, 2:00–3:30 pm
March 23 | The Past and Future of Fabrics
Scott Kravet is chief creative director of Kravet Inc., a luxury home-fabrics company. During his global travels, he has sourced products from the ﬁnest craftspeople and mills, resulting in a near-encyclopedic knowledge of textiles, which he will share in a series of talks.
- Scott Kravet on Toile, 3:30–4:00 pm
- Scott Kravet on Hand Blocking, 5:00–5:30 pm
- Scott Kravet on Art Deco, 6:00–6:30 pm
- Mix & Mingle with Scott Kravet, 6:30–7:30 pm
Student participation in Winterthur House of Style has been generously funded by Currey & Company.