JOB TITLE: Philanthropy Assistant
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will support the development efforts of the Major Gifts Department in advancing, creating and sustaining long-term relationships with major donors and key stakeholders. This position will directly interact with working groups and donors to advance department goals and initiatives through both verbal and written correspondence. This position will be responsible for maintaining Winterthur’s capital campaign gifts and budget. Prepare and monitor the annual division budget including processing gift batches, managing donor receipt log in a timely manner, and drafting and mailing donor receipt correspondence acknowledgement letters and presentation materials. Proof and prepare letters for Director’s signature. Print small to mid-sized mailings, including solicitation of active, former, honorary, and emeriti trustees. Accurately input and maintain constituent database including notes, actions, and related progress reports.
Update Raiser’s Edge constituent records. Conduct database training for new staff as needed. Prepare division reports as needed. Prepare and/or oversee purchase orders for all division supplies and materials. Provide primary administrative support for Donor Society groups. Produce renewal, solicitation and stewardship letters. Answer phones and field questions from donors and trustees. Administrative duties as requested by the Director of Major Gifts.
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years working in a development or non-profit office
Minimum Education: College Degree
- Proven experience with Donor Management Software applications
- Preferably experience working with Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent communications skills including oral, written, and listening
- Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires juggling multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Able to work independently as well as effectively and harmoniously as part of a team
Application: Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org