September 14, 2019, 10:00 am–3:00 pm
Enjoy a special day at Winterthur with local conservation organizations on hand to celebrate nature and the environment in the First State. DelaWILD will feature talks, walks, family fun, demonstrations, and workshops highlighting the natural resources to be discovered in Delaware and on the 1,000-acre Winterthur estate.
Meet Charlie Engelman, host of Weird But True and Nature Boom Time! on National Geographic Kids, and learn more about the organizations that work hard to preserve and protect Delaware’s natural resources as well as the Winterthur land stewards who will discuss its blue bird program and participation in the American Kestrel Program. Attendees will have an opportunity to meet the Winterthur goats!
Participating organizations include Academy of Natural Sciences, Bee Watchers, Delaware Forest Service, Delaware Greenways, Delaware Master Gardeners, Delaware Museum of Natural History, Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids, Partnership for the Delaware Estuary, and Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research, Inc.
Schedule of Events
- Meadow Hike with Winterthur staff; meet at Visitor Center Patio
- Vegetable Garden Discovery Walk with Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids; tent at Brown Center
- Enjoying Bluebirds and Kestrels at Winterthur with Winterthur staff; Brown Center
11:15 am–12:00 pm:
- Charlie Engelman of the National Geographic channel; Visitor Center (Copeland Lecture Hall)
- Watershed Conservation & Restoration Walk with Academy of Natural Sciences; meet at Visitor Center Shuttle Stop (for transportation to walk location)
- Project Learning Tree with Delaware Forest Service; tent at Brown Center
- Have You Spotted the Spotted Lanternfly? with Winterthur staff; Brown Center
- Tree Walk with Winterthur staff; meet at Tent at Brown Center
- Lawn to Life with Bee Watchers; Brown Center
- Creating a Garden for Butterflies with Delaware Master Gardeners; Rotunda
Members free. Included with admission.