Special Garden Events
This spring, we invite you to join us in the garden for select special garden days to celebrate some of our most eye-catching blooms, while also enjoying our outdoor exhibition—Follies: Architectural Whimsy in the Garden. Take a stroll through the vibrant colors of the garden, marvel at the architectural wonders of garden follies, or join us for special garden events. There is so much to see and do in the garden this spring. We hope you'll join us!
Daffodils & Follies
Saturday, April 13 – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Celebrate the beauty of the daffodil, enjoy Winterthur’s amazing daffodil display, and see the Follies garden exhibition! Henry Francis du Pont used his collector’s eye in assembling his collection of hundreds of heirloom daffodil bulbs arranged in cloud-like drifts on Sycamore Hill. The day’s events will include tours, kids’ crafts, and a daffodil show. Members free. Included with admission.
- Children’s Daffodil Show – 10:00 am, Visitor Center (entries accepted through 11:00 am)
- Daffodil Day Craft – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Visitor Center
- Guided Walking Tours of the Daffodils – 11:30 am and 1:30 pm, begin at Visitor Center Patio
- Self-guided Tours of the Daffodils – all day, begin at Visitor Center Patio
Follies Lecture: Learning to See and Explore at Stowe
Saturday, April 20 – 1:00 pm, Copeland Lecture Hall
Matt Rader, executive director of the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, will discuss his experiences learning to see the landscape as a young man at Stowe, the Capability Brown-designed landscape garden in Buckinghamshire, England. $10 per Member. $20 per nonmember. Free for Winterthur Garden and Landscape Society and Garden Associate Members.
Azaleas, Bluebells & Follies
Saturday, May 11 – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Enjoy the spectacle of thousands of azalea blossoms and acres of spring wildflowers! The day’s events will include tours of the azaleas and Follies garden exhibition as well as a specialty sale of azalea plants propagated from specimens at Winterthur. Members free. Included with admission.
- Azalea Sale – 10:30 am until sold out, Museum Store
- Guided Walking Tours of Azaleas and Follies – 11:00 am and 1:00 pm, begin at Visitor Center Patio
- Self-guided Tours of Azaleas and Follies – all day, begin at Visitor Center Patio