Celebrate the beginning of summer in our award-winning children’s garden!
A full day of excitement, imaginative play, and outdoor fun awaits you in the Enchanted Woods. Storytellers, musicians, face painting, games, crafts, and more will provide the perfect kick off to summer. Members free. Included with admission.
- Musicians Slyte of Hand perform lively Celtic music throughout the day
- Strolling storyteller Terry Colonna regales the crowd with stories as she strolls through the woods, 11:30 am–2:30 pm
- Meet Magic Tad as he roams through the woods and see what enchantment he has up his sleeve, 11:30 am–2:30 pm
Crafts and Activities
- Decorate your own Swirly Thingamajigger (Ribbon Wands)
- Speedy Bird Flyers
- Beaded Leaf Talismans
- Decorate seed packets and make your own magic seed mix
Games (lawn north of Enchanted Woods)
- Try your hand at the ring-toss or the Game of Graces.
- Get your face painted by one of our talented artists, and add a little magic to your smiling face ($5 per child).
- Purchase yummy ice cream from the Woodside Farm Creamery cart.
Explore the Museum
- Take the Time Traveler's Tour (recommended for children ages 4–11), Galleries Reception Desk, every half hour, upon request.
- Travel back in time in the Touch-It Room, 12:30–4:30 pm.
- Check out a Preschool Pack to enhance your exploration of the 1st floor Galleries.
Connect with Us!
Share your favorite photos of the day!
Tag us @winterthurmuse on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use the SnapChat Geofilter on your photos!
Your attendance at this event allows Winterthur to use your photograph for promotional purposes without compensation.
This program is made possible, in part, by the F. M. Kirby Foundation; Bank of America Foundation; a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency dedicated to nurturing and supporting the arts in Delaware, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts; the Max & Victoria Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.; and the Dow Chemical Company Foundation.
Photo at top: W. Gary Smith