Winterthur is closed to the public January 9-February 28, and reopens March 1 with a full slate of new exhibitions, house tours, and programs. For more information...
Winterthur is pleased to offer:
- Shuttle bus to the museum
- Garden tram tour with a stop at Enchanted Woods (seasonal, weather permitting).
- Baby-changing stations in many men's and women's restrooms.
- Coat room and lockers at the Visitor Center and Museum.
- Strollers on loan at the Visitor Center. Strollers are permitted on some museum tours. Please see Visitor Center desk for details.
- Bookstore in the Visitor Center with a dedicated children's section with books, toys, and games.
- Winterthur offers two locations for dining, the Pavilion at the Visitor Center (with booster seats and high chairs available) and the Café at the Museum Store. Winterthur recycles and uses bio-degradable containers and utensils.
- Bring a picnic lunch or snack to enjoy in the gardens or Visitor Center.
Two great backpacks filled with age-appropriate activities are available for families to borrow while visiting
- The Enchanted Woods Backpack, which is geared to children ages 5-10, includes prompts for creative writing exercises, a sketchpad, binoculars, magnifying glasses, and more.
- The Preschool Pack, geared to kids age 3-5, is intended for use in the first floor galleries. These backpacks include a storybook and a related puzzle or game to enhance exploration of ideas pertaining to chairs, bedtime, quilts, and paintings.