Volunteers & Interns
You can make a difference! Join the 700-member volunteer corps and the many interns who dedicate time and expertise throughout the museum, garden, and library. The selection of opportunities—whether for volunteers or unpaid interns—varies and in some cases can be tailored to the applicant.
- Free admission to the garden, galleries, and most tours
- Free admission to selected special events
- Discounts in the retail stores and restaurants
- Outstanding training and educational opportunities
- Participation in National Volunteer Month (April)
- Lots of fun!!
Current Highlighted Opportunities
- Teen Volunteer Program: Teen Volunteers make up a vital part of Winterthur’s summer family programming team and develop leadership skills while serving their community. More information and an application is available at http://www.winterthur.org/pdfs/2014 Winterthur Teen VP application.pdf
- Point to Point Volunteers Over 200 volunteers are needed to help run this annual fundraiser. This year it is on May 4, 2014. Work a few hours and enjoy the event. Opportunities are widespread from helping with children’s activities to assisting the jockeys and everything in between.
- Historic Automobile Hosts We have Historic automobiles at Winterthur every Saturday in May. The hosts help watch over the cars and share information about the cars and Winterthur to our guests.
- Visitor Service Volunteer: you will greet visitors as they enter the Galleries Reception Atrium. You will orient them and assist with their visit while they are in that area.
- Visitor Center Information Desk: this desk serves as an information desk and express membership desk. Computer knowledge and use of the internet is required.
- Administrative Volunteer: Administrative work in various deparments. Duties include: filing, organizing, database entry, mailings, and other small projects as needed.
- Garden Volunteers: we are looking for volunteers to assist our garden team in our nearly 1,000 acres. You could help with updating plant records using data entry, digital photography and storage, and plant labels. Garden volunteers also help with our children’s vegetable garden and the Farmstand.
- Special events such as Point-to-Point and the Delaware Antiques Show
- Family Programs such as Enchanted Summer Day, Terrific Tuesdays, and Truck and Tractor Day
- Visitor Service
- Museum Collections
- Information Systems
To apply, please complete the online volunteer application.
For additional information, please contact Volunteer Manager Tricia Davies at 302.888.4784 or e-mail volunteer email@example.com.