Members-only Access and Information
Tips for Members Visiting during Costumes of Downton Abbey
No timed reservations required for Members!
Due to the high volume of calls coming into our Reservations and Membership Offices, Members will no longer require a timed reservation to the Costumes of Downton Abbey exhibition. Reservations will still be required for all Member lectures and events.
- Members may go straight to the Costumes of Downton Abbey exhibition during regular hours (Tuesday–Sunday,10 am–5 pm).
- Please show your membership card upon entry to the exhibition (if you do not have your membership card, please visit the desk in the Visitor Center or Galleries Reception Atrium for a temporary card).
- Contributor level-and-above Members with “guest of” membership cards are not required to have timed tickets for their guests. They may proceed to the exhibition with the guest.
- Benefactor level-and-above Members may proceed to the front of the exhibition line (please have your membership card with you, or see a Visitor Services Associate for a temporary membership card).
- Beat the crowds and bring guests with ease during exclusive Members-only hours on April 10 & 17, 5:30–8:00pm.
- Enjoy light refreshments and a cash bar in our Galleries Reception Atrium on these special evenings.
- Member guests are welcome with guest passes (limit two guests, please).
Visit on non-peak visitation days
- Visiting on Tuesday–Friday means that crowds are lighter and lines are shorter!
- Members bringing guests using guest passes must exchange the passes for tickets at the desk in the Visitor Center or Galleries Reception Atrium.
- Guests using guest passes, who are not being accompanied by a Member, must make free timed reservations.
Shop and Dine with your 10% Member discount!
- Be sure to visit our new Costumes of Downton Abbey store inside the exhibition.
- Our cafés will be open and featuring a variety of options, including British-inspired cuisine.
- Check winterthur.org/dining for special teas and brunches offered throughout the year.
Be our Guest
- Be sure to make arrangements for a house tour (check in at the desk in the Galleries Reception Atrium when you’re ready), enjoy a garden tram tour, or simply wander our spectacular grounds during your visit.
- Members wishing to walk the grounds only, should enter at the far end of the parking lot near the Picnic House to avoid the crowds. Please be sure to bring your membership card. Lanyards are available in the Visitor Center.
- Be sure to check our website often for the latest updates on special programs and events. (Remember, Members receive discounts on all ticketed events!)
- To ensure that you receive all of our Member communications, please make sure that we have your e-mail address (Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Membership Office at 302.888.4713)
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest @winterthurmuse for real-time updates and behind-the-scenes photos.