Join us for the 3rd annual Truck and Tractor Day at Winterthur. Members, get a head start on the fun when we open at 9:00 am just for you! Avoid the parking hassles and let the kids climb on the farm equipment without waiting in lines, and then you’ll be ready for arts and crafts in the Brown Center when they start at 10:00 am! Kids are sure to have a blast during this fun-filled day with lots of outdoor activities.
- Discover 30 tractors and other pieces of estate equipment. Hop onto one of the original Winterthur farm trucks and see how a modern backhoe and crane work.
- Put on a safety harness and climb a tree, just like a real arborist.
- Learn about the Winterthur Fire Company! Meet our firefighters and put out a “fire” with our pumper truck. Come aboard the fire truck and try out gear and equipment.
- Take a hayride through the estate! Enjoy the beautiful autumn weather and changing leaves.
- Try your hand at milking Winterthur’s mechanical cow!
- Get creative with farm- and tractor-related crafts in the Brown Horticulture Learning Center. Look for helmets, badges, and coloring book giveaways.
- Hot dogs, pretzels, and ice cream will also be available to purchase.
Proceeds support the Winterthur Fire Department.
Members free. Included with general admission. Rain or shine event.
This program is made possible, in part, by the F. M. Kirby Foundation; Bank of America Foundation; a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency dedicated to nurturing and supporting the arts in Delaware, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts; the Max & Victoria Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.; and the Dow Chemical Company Foundation.